Friday, May 13, 2011

I'm a WINNER!... Part 1



It's not often that I hear 

"YOU WON!"

But that's EXACTLY what I heard

just a few short days ago from 

the Queen of Yarn herself, 

Kathy Elkins 
of 


I'd like to say it was because of some amazing skill or personal quality, but I simply twittered about a crochet project...  THAT'S ALL!  

Quick diversion to a flashback...  traveling back in time with Stoneybrooke!
I was just a wee thing and convinced that I would never win anything because Hobo Kelly NEVER chose me as the recipient of amazing toy prizes.  I always felt so rejected every time she called out another name that was NOT mine.  



It wasn't until I grew up that I realized that it wasn't that Hobo Kelly liked ALL the OTHER kids best.  She simply couldn't draw my name as a WINNER because I never sent in a contest entry.  Lesson learned!

Well Kathy Elkins has changed all that!  Because my prize package arrived on Wednesday and I'm ready to share my loot with y'all.  (And remember, Kathy likes ALL of us just the same!)

It was such a great gift assortment that I decided to post about them separately, hence the "Part 1" label on this post.  


PART 1... Chic.a Zipper Pouch!




There are so many things I like about this gift!

The pouch has the zipper on the front.  It's nicely constructed so things don't fall out.  Always a plus in my book.  

I also love that it has a clear viewing window in the front so I don't have to remember what is inside because I can see without even opening it. 

The fabric that it is made from is a stiffened, perhaps laminated fabric?  It holds its shape and melty chocolate bits won't ruin it... not that I ever snack on chocolate mind you... ;) 

It's darling!!!!  



I'm not sure how I prefer to use it?

It was made for tossing in your knitting bag to keep important accessories close.  Did I mention that it sure looks like a random needle, pin, or scissor tip will be safely contained INSIDE the pouch.  I love that feature.

  

But look how great it is for holding makeup!  My current makeup bag is spotted with random bits of lipstick and liner.  And my old bag is NOT washable.  I wouldn't throw this in the washing machine but it would wipe down easily with a damp cloth.

Did I mention the cute patterns it comes in?  Black toile, Cherry, Strawberry, and PINK are favorites!

And it comes in a larger 9x6 size too!

So my heartfelt thanks to Kathy Elkins for this lovely little gem.  It looks just as ready for Summer as I am!

And my heartfelt thanks to all of you for stopping by Stoneybrooke Cottage.

----------------------------------------------
As we part, I'd like to leave you with this thought...

Don't let the disappointments of this life rob you of the truth of just how special you are to your Heavenly Father.  You are not defined by prizes, gifts, successes, looks or money.  You are the beloved child of your Heavenly Father.  His pride and joy.  He loves YOU best of all.  :)  (And that's okay because He loves ME best too!) 



Linda/stoneybrooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails