Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Chocolate Mystery Lovers Contest & HOPE!



"Hoards" of my blog fans are crossing their fingers and breathlessly awaiting this announcement.  ;)  So I shall delay no longer.  WHO is the winner of the Chocolate Mystery Lovers Contest?




Sweet hubby picked a random number from 1-10, and our very own Kate, of AnxiousDog fame, won the coveted Chocolate Mystery Lovers Contest!   She receives this fun book, Knit, Purl, Die that I reviewed in a previous post, and a few other surprises I shall throw in just to make her smile.

Now my plan was to include a deliciously, decadent chocolate gift in that package but I'm not sure if Kate's low carb way of life allows for that.

Kate has transformed herself since I've known her.  She has always been beautiful, smart and a good friend with a great heart.  But she has now added skinny super model to the list.  Well, to be honest, I don't know if she is modeling professionally but she COULD!  She is an inspiration to me to continue my quest for LESS of me.  So... Kate... drop me a line and let me know if it's okay to include chocolate?

Thanks to everyone who participated.  Truly.  It's much more fun to have a contest when people actually enter to WIN!  And I plan on hosting more fun giveaways in the future so stop by again to see what amazingly fun thing might be next.  (I LOVE giving away prizes!)



I've cut this post short to make room for something that is weighing heavy on the minds of Missourians today.  It's been in the news but I don't know how widespread that news has been so I will share this.  Joplin, MO is just a little over an hour away from me and they were hit very hard with a deadly tornado this weekend.

Convoy of Hope is an organization based out of Springfield, Mo.  They have provided very real help to people in need around the world, and they are now working in their very own backyard providing much needed help to survivors of this disaster.  

I'm sure many at Convoy of Hope and the other rescue workers have connections to people in Joplin, which makes the relief effort that much more heartbreaking.  

If you would like to help, please give whatever you are able to Convoy of Hope or any of the other organizations listed in the ABC News article provided in the link above.  Most of all, please PRAY.  Many families are still awaiting news about the welfare of loved ones in Joplin.

To everyone who has faced or IS FACING life shaking events...

 1GOD IS our Refuge and Strength [mighty and impenetrable to temptation], a very present and well-proved help in trouble.
    2Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains be shaken into the midst of the seas,
    3Though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling and tumult. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!
Psalm 46 Amplified Bible
   
My friends, God is VERY present in your life.  He is not just mildly interested in your hurts, needs, troubles or disasters.  He's really HERE with you and His track record for helping in times of trouble is "well-proved."  He is committed to help you with every bit of who He IS... holding back nothing.  He is here with you at the epicenter of your need.  You can trust Him to help you in your time of trouble.  I'm trusting in God today.  I hope you are too.

With Love,

Linda/Stoneybrooke





1 comment:

  1. Thanks sweetie for that great word at the end. I needed it. You always make me feel better! Love you1

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails