Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fall Wonder



I came home to this delightful scene...





The air is crisp and cool.

The sky is grey with the hopeful promise of the coming rain.

The grass is only slightly faded,

choosing to cheer up the earth for a few more glad days.

Yellowed leaves crunch delightfully underfoot.



The trees that stand bare, 

finally relaxed after the hard work of seasons past.

Their newly lightened limbs stretch out 

like an ornate and treasured pen and ink drawing.



Standing proud as a peacock beside these sleepy giants

are the kings and queens of the forest.

They wear their exquisite shouts of color with refinement and grace.





I'm Humbled... 
Thankful...
And Filled With Wonder...
Wonder for the Creator of all Wonders.

God of all Creation.

My God.



"I give thanks to God with everything I've got... God's works are so great, worth a lifetime of study - endless enjoyment!  Splendor and beauty mark his craft, His generosity never gives out.  His miracles are his memorial - This God of Grace, this God of Love..." Psalm 111:1-10

.




3 comments:

  1. Are those really your trees in color??? They are amazing! Did I say amazing? I meant AMAZING!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome place - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails